别忘记,世界上还有另一种人
I wrecked my car this week
这个星期我把车撞坏了
and now it\'s at the collision shop.
现在车停在维修店里
They\'re determining whether it\'s totaled or not.
店里的员工将为它定损,决定这车是否还有维修的价值。
I was waiting a long time on a ride today
今天我为了搭车等了很长时间
and there was this red-faced homeless woman sitting outside the store with two bags,
其间我看到一个面色赤红的流浪女人,她坐在一个商店外面,手里拿着两个袋子
so I started talking to her.
我和她交谈起来
I told her my name.
我告诉她我的名字
She had a really sad, tragic story
她告诉了我一个十分伤感的悲剧故事
which made me very humbled and grateful for what I had
让我为自己所拥有的一切感到谦卑和感恩。
At one point she wanted to go inside and cash in a Lotto ticket.
我们谈着谈着,她想要到商店里去,兑现一张乐透彩票。
I told her I\'d watch her bags.
我告诉她我可以为她看着包。
As I stood there with my cart full of stuff
于是,我站在商店门口,购物车里装满了东西
I stared at those bags
我看着那两只背包
and tried to imagine what it would be like to have all your belongings just in those two bags.
我努力想象,如果我的全部身家都在两只背包里,那会是怎样的场景。
She was gone for awhile
她离开好一会儿了
and I wondered if she was coming back.
我开始怀疑,她还会不会回来。
She came back
还好她回来了
and as the manager ran her off, I asked her what her name was.
商店的经理走过来,想把她赶走。在她离开前,我问她的名字是什么。
"Cindy Lou," she said.
Cindy Lou,她说。
"My sister\'s name is Cindy and her nickname is Cindy Lou!"
“我的姐姐也叫Cindy,她的小名就叫Cindy Lou!”
I exclaimed.
我远远的冲她喊道。
"Well my real name is Cindy Lou," she said.
“哦,我的真名就叫Cindy Lou”她说。
Then she was off with her stuff, headed down the street.
她带着东西走远,沿着街道向前走去。
I watched as she disappeared.
我目送着她的身影消失。
I tend to always feel sorry for myself when I lose my car which has happened many times
我经常把自己的车弄丢,每次发生这种事,我就会自怨自艾
but there this lady was, another reminder of how lucky I really am.
可是世界上还有这位流浪女人这样的人,他们时刻提醒着我,实际上我是多么幸运呀!
版权声明
本文来自投稿,不代表本站立场,转载请注明出处。