那个善良的女孩,让我热泪盈眶

英语阅读 2019-08-10 12:11:33 124

This just recently happened to me.
这是我最近遇到的事情。

A bit of backstory that\'s important:
先透露一点重要的故事背景

my family has always been poor,
我们家一直很穷

but we are a very close knit family,
但我们一直团结一心


who loves our animals above any possessions.
我们爱自己的宠物,胜过家里任何其他东西


Now this January,
这个一月


things went south for our family,
我们家的情况越发糟糕了


taking us from just poor, to homeless and having lost everything
让我们从穷困,变成了无家可归,一无所有


everything except for our animals.
一无所有,除了我们的宠物


It was a cold winter and we had no choice but to move south,
那是一个寒冷的冬天,我们别无选择,只能向南方迁移,


and try and make things work
希望一切都能好起来


By some miracle, my grandma and I were able to get a place,
我和祖母最终找到了一个落脚之地,这真是一个奇迹


and have my two beautiful German Shepherd there with us.
我那两只美丽的德国牧羊犬也和我们在一起


Unfortunately, about a week into living there,
不幸的是,我们在新家住了一个星期左右的时候


all funds were gone,
钱都花光了


and my dog food was running out.
家里的狗粮也快吃完了


We called all over town, trying to find someone.
我们给镇上每一户人家去电话,希望有人能帮助我们。


Anyone!
任何人!


Nobody would even consider doing a charge account to get the dogs food,
可是,没有人愿意赊账给我们,让我们去买狗粮


and nobody were willing to help with pets.
也没有人愿意帮助我们照顾


I started feeding my dogs the very little human food I had in the house because they were out!
我开始用人类的食物给狗狗们喂食,尽管家里给人吃的食物也非常少


I was so scared that they weren\'t getting enough nutrition .
我非常担心它们得不到足够偶读营养。


Even worse...
更糟糕的是,


my female was pregnant and needed extra nutrition.
家里的母狗狗怀孕了,需要额外补充营养


I can\'t even begin to tell you the fear and devastation I felt.
我感到难以形容的恐惧和压抑。


I was having nightmares about losing her,
我晚上做噩梦,梦到失去了它


or her getting super sick,
梦到它的身体变得极其衰弱


and the male eventually following in her footsteps.
它的伴侣也随它而去


My dogs are everything to me.
我的狗狗是我生活的全部


Then...a miracle came finally.
终于,一个奇迹降临了


We called one last place in town,
我们决定最后打电话给一户镇上的人


a small chain farm equipment and animal supply store.
那是一家农具和动物用品连锁店


There, a kind lady answered the phone.
店里一位好心的女人接了电话


She checked if she could do a charge..
她说她要去确认一下,店里是否允许赊账


and she couldn\'t.
随后告诉我们,不能赊账。


Then she checked on dog food prices, and told us what they were.
接着她帮我们查了一下店里狗粮的价格,随后告诉了我们。


Then, this sweet girl, around the same age that I am,
接着,这个好心的女孩——她与我年龄相仿


so just barely an adult,
差不多刚成年——


told me she had extra money,
告诉我,她有些存款


and she would buy the dog food for me.
愿意为我购买一些狗粮


She didn\'t even ask to be paid back
她甚至没有要求我们还钱


(though of course I am, because she deserves that and more!).
(当然,我要把钱还给她,这是她应得的,她值得得到更多!


When I heard that, I started crying.
当我看到女孩的话时,我哭了起来。


My fears were allayed, my dogs would be fed properly,
我的恐惧终于消减了,狗狗们得到了合理的喂养


All because this young woman paid for it out of her own pocket.
这全都要感谢那个自己掏腰包买下狗粮的年轻女孩


She doesn\'t know me, I could have been anybody.
她甚至都不认识我,我想她会这样帮助任何人


But she said
她却不以此自居,只是说


"I just feel so bad for your dogs.
我只是为你的狗狗们感到担心


I know what its like,
我知道你此刻的感受


especially with just having moved.
特别是刚搬完家,忙乱又陌生


I knew since I had a bit of extra money, I just had to do something."
正好我还有点零花钱,我知道,我必须为你做点什么。


This young woman, whose name I don\'t even know, will always be my heroin, and the heroin to my dogs as well.
这个年轻女孩,这个我连名字都不知道的女孩,会是我心中永远的英雄,也是我的两只狗狗眼中的英雄


I still tear up when I think about it,
直到现在,想到这件事我仍会热泪盈眶


especially today as I look at the newborn pups ,
特别是现在,我看着新生的小狗崽们


and realize, I wouldn\'t have them, nor my adult dogs anymore, if not for her.
并且意识到,如果不是因为她,它们不会来到我的身边,而我那两只成年狗狗,也可能已经离我而去

永远善良永远热泪盈眶 永远赤诚善良永远热泪盈眶 一直年轻一直热泪盈眶 热泪盈眶 保持年轻保持热泪盈眶 保持热泪盈眶 青春热泪盈眶 永远善良永远热泪盈眶的英语
版权声明

本文来自投稿,不代表本站立场,转载请注明出处。

分享:

扫一扫在手机阅读、分享本文