有这样的邻居,感觉自己中了彩票
It was supposed to be the storm of the decade
这本是一场十年一遇的天灾
and it lived up to it\'s namesake.
它也无愧于自己的名号
Every house on our street was knee deep in snow
街上每座房子都淹没在齐膝的积雪之中
and we live on a hill so no one could go anywhere.
我们住在山上,谁也下不了山
As I\'m having my coffee,
那时我正喝着咖啡
thinking about what I\'m going to do indoors with the kiddos,
想着我和孩子们可以在屋里做点什么事
and looking out the window, I see a man on my porch .
我望向窗外,发现门廊上有一个人
My neighbor is shoveling the steps and the walkway clear of snow ...
我的邻居正在清除我家门前台阶和走廊上的积雪
and laying down salt!
还细心的撒上了盐!
Then I see a few other men from the neighborhood
接着我看到了住在附近的另外几个男人
shoveling the sidewalks and driveways of our elderly neighbors.
他们在为附近一些年老的住户清除走廊和车道上的积雪
My heart swells.
我的心里充满了感动
These guys are taking their morning to make sure their neighbors are okay
这些人愿意花自己一大早的时间,只为他们的邻居能安心出行
and that they can safely walk to and from their cars.
能安全的沿着车道从车库里进出
I am so fortunate and feel like I\'ve won the neighbor lottery.
我太幸运了,有这样好的邻居,我觉得自己中了彩票一般
Twenty-seven years later,
二十七年过去了
they are still the best neighbors anyone could ask for
他们仍然是所有人都希望得到的最好的邻居
- rain [snow] or shine.
无论在雨天(雪天)或者晴天
版权声明
本文来自投稿,不代表本站立场,转载请注明出处。