这是难关,对吧?

英语听力 2019-07-30 12:11:57 109
 


SCENE
A  会议结束后  <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

【这是难关,对吧?】

 

Dave:          It\'s 1) crunch time, isn\'t it? I wasn\'t 2) nervous before the meeting, but now I am.

戴夫:         这是难关,对吧? 我开会前还不紧张的,但现在我紧张了。

 

Elvin:           No kidding. Time is running out.

艾文:         一点不假。时间越来越紧迫了。

 

Dave:          It would help to bring in a couple more 3) troubleshooters.

戴夫:         若是再找几个难题顾问来解决问题,可能会有帮助。

 

Elvin:  Vince says he can\'t 4) afford anybody else. We\'re got to 5) come through.

艾文:         文斯说他请不起人了。我们得要自己撑过。

 

Dave:          Do you think we\'ll make it?

戴夫:         你觉得我们会成功吗?

 

Elvin:           I guess we\'ll either make it, or we won\'t.

艾文:         我猜我们要么就搞定,否则就完蛋了。

 

语言详解

 

A: Dad! I love that car.

   爸!我好爱那辆车。

 

B: Me too. But we can\'t afford it.

   我也是。不过我们买不起。

 

Time is running out. 时间越来越紧迫了。】

 

run out 表示耗尽、到期、届满,而 run out of 将……用光、缺乏,前者不能接名词,而后者一定接名词或动名词。

 

A: We\'d better hurry. Time is running out.

     我们最好快一点。时间快到了。

B: But we have to find a gas station first. We are running out of gas.

     但是我们必须先找个加油站。汽油快用光了。

A: Why didn\'t we use the other car?

     为什么我们没有用另外那部车子呢?

 

1) crunch time (n.) (俚)关键时刻,危机困境。

2) nervous (a.) 感到紧张的

3) troubleshooter  (n.) 解决麻烦问题的能手。

4) afford (v.) 负担得起

5) come through 度过难关

难关怎么 什么难关 过难关 班诺夫过难关 难关 共难关 挺过难关 怎么挺过难关 难关的意思
版权声明

本文来自投稿,不代表本站立场,转载请注明出处。

分享:

扫一扫在手机阅读、分享本文