又一张绿色便条纸
SCENE② A 吉娜与戴夫在各自的隔间里工作 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
【又一张绿色便条纸】
Zina: Hey, Dave. Look at this another green note. Someone must have left it while I was in LA.
吉娜: 嘿,戴夫。你看这个--又一张绿色便条纸。一定是有人趁我去洛城的时候放的。
Dave: What does it say this time? Is it a death threat?
戴夫: 这次是写什么?索命威胁啊?
Zina: It says, "my dear kitten, / I\'m sorry I haven\'t written. / It doesn\'t mean I\'m not still 1) smitten. / I am."
吉娜: 上面写着:“我亲爱的小猫,抱歉好一阵子没捎信, 这可不是我不魂牵梦萦。我仍迷恋着你。”
Dave: You\'ve got to 2) admit, he does have a way with words.
戴夫: 你得承认他还真会舞文弄墨。
Zina: It\'s a bunch of 3) mush! Where does he get off calling me a kitten?
吉娜: 为赋新词强说愁!他凭什么叫我“小猫”?
Dave: 4) Considering how you\'ve been 5) behaving, I\'ll admit it is a bit surprising.
戴夫: 由你最近的行为看来,我承认这种称呼有些让人意外。
语言详解
A: Do you admit that what you did was wrong?
你承认你做错了吗?
B: I admit it, but I\'m not sorry.
我承认,但我不感到抱歉。
【have a way with...对……很有一套】
have a way with...是指交际手腕或是对某方面的造诣很高,可以用在人与人的关系上: A: She has a way with men. 她对于男人很有一套。 B: That\'s because she\'s young and sexy. 那是因为她年轻又性感。 【Where does he get off...他凭什么……】 当你觉得某人做得太过分,不禁质疑起他有何权利这样做的时候,你就可以用上这个表达法Where does he get off...“他凭什么……” A: Where does he get off telling me I need to lose some weight? 他凭什么跟我说我应该要减重? B: He\'s your doctor. He\'s just concerned about your health. 他是你的医生,他只是关心你的健康。 1) smite (v.) 使神魂颠倒。smitten是过去分词当形容词用,表示被动的意思。 2) admit (v.) 承认 3) mush (n.) 过分的多愁善感 4) considering (adv., prep) 鉴于……,考虑到…… 5) behave (v.) 举止,行为
版权声明
本文来自投稿,不代表本站立场,转载请注明出处。