我现在是自由工作者

英语听力 2019-07-30 06:11:34 103
 


SCENE② C 四个半月后  玛莉巧遇戴夫 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

【我现在是自由工作者】

 

Dave:  Yeah. You don\'t need to rub it in.

戴夫:         是啊。不劳你落井下石了。

 

Mary:  And then she 1) made the deal with MicroPower. Vince wanted to sell for fifteen million...

玛莉:         然后她跟微力谈妥了条件。文斯本想用一千五百万卖掉的……

 

Dave:  Fifteen? And Zina pushed them up to seventy-five?

戴夫:         一千五百万?而吉娜逼他们出到了七千五百万?

 

Mary:  That\'s right. Vince still stops by her office every day to thank her.

玛莉:         没错。文斯到现在都还每天经过她的办公室,跟她道谢呢。

 

Dave:  Anyway, I\'m still happy I left. I\'m working as a 2) freelancer now.

戴夫:         不管怎样,我还是很高兴我离开了。我现在是自由工作者。

 

Mary:  You really should have stayed with us, Dave.

玛莉:         你当初真该留下跟我们一道的,戴夫。

 

语言详解

 

A: Who do you work for?

   你帮谁工作?

 

B: No one. I\'m a freelancer.

   没有谁。我是自由工作者。

 

rub it in 落井下石】

 

rub it in 的这个动作就像是一抹再抹,越抹越进去的感觉,而这个片语在使用上,就是落井下石的意思,明明人家已经很惨了,却还要打落水狗,在伤口上撒盐。

 

A: So, your sister beat you in bowling!

     所以你妹妹打保龄球赢了你!

B: Stop rubbing it in, OK?

     别落井下石了,好吗?

 

A: Didn\'t I tell you over and over again she doesn\'t like you?

     我不是一再告诉你她不喜欢你吗?

B: You don\'t have to rub it in.

     你不用落井下石嘛。

 

1) deal (n.)  交易;make a deal with...与……交易

2) freelancer (n.)  自由工作者

比较自由的工作 做什么工作自由 找自由工作 自由工作者 自由工作者是什么工作 自由工作者如何申请 什么工作自由些 哪些工作没有限制自由 自由的人该做什么工作
版权声明

本文来自投稿,不代表本站立场,转载请注明出处。

分享:

扫一扫在手机阅读、分享本文