英语口语练习小对话 第69期:插嘴
迷你对话:
A:Why are you so rude to your wife?
你为什么对你的妻子这么无礼粗鲁。
B:I didn't like her butting in where I didn't want her. She's a chatter box.
我不喜欢他干涉我的事情,她老是唠唠叨叨的讲个不停。
A:But she means to help you, not to trouble you.
但她是想帮你的,而不是给你添乱的。
B:I know. But I just can't stand her butting in when I was trying to emphasize a point.
我知道,我就是不能容忍我要强调要点的时候她插嘴。
地道表达:
butt in
小编讲解:
butt做动词,意思是“猛撞”所以butt in就是向......猛撞。另外,butt in还可以引申为“插嘴”“插手”或“干涉”之意。
支持范例:
Eg.Don't butt in on other people's private affairs.
不要干涉别人的私事。
Eg.His boy's looking after him and there's no cause for you to utt in!
有他的佣人照顾他,用不着你插一脚!
Eg.It' s none of your business, so please don' t butt in.
此事与你无关,请勿介入。
Eg.Sorry to butt in, but do I hear you say you'll get married next month?
对不起打断一下,我听说你下个月要结婚了?
词海拾贝:
1.a chatterbox:喋喋不休的人,说话说个不停的人,唠唠叨叨的人
Eg.That chatterbox will talk 24 hours a day if she do not sleep at night.
那个话匣子如果晚上不用睡觉的话,可以二十四小时喋喋不休。
Eg.You will be a real chatterbox this week.
你本周会喋喋不休的唠叨。
2.emphasize a point:强调重点
3.be rude to sb:对某人粗鲁
4.stand sb:忍受某人
版权声明
本文来自投稿,不代表本站立场,转载请注明出处。