英语口语练习小对话 第24期:不起眼的女孩
习语:
a plain Jane
讲解:Jane 在英文中是很常见的女名,所以,a plain Jane 表示“不起眼的女人。”
I cannot make it out why a handsome-looking man like him would fall in love with a plain Jane like Liu Lan.
真猜不透像他那样一个英俊的男子为何能爱上刘兰那样一个不起眼的女孩子呢?
The new receptionist is a bit of a plain Jane but she's very efficient at her job.
那位新来的接待员相貌一般,但她的工作效率很高。 He said that he wouldn't like to marry a plain Jane.
他说他可不想和一个不起眼的女孩子结婚。
I would rather marry a plain Jane who causes no trouble than a pretty face who may be come a jailbait.
我宁愿和一个相貌平平但是安稳的女孩子结婚也不愿意娶个招灾惹祸的漂亮妞。
Mary certainly is a plain Jane, and yet she is quite popular.
玛丽实在其貌不扬,但是她很有名气。
迷你对话:
A:I wonder how Sarah and Mat are.
我想知道莎拉和马特的情况怎么样了。
B:Don't you know they've already broken up?
你不知道他们已经分手了吗?
A:I'm not surprised. She's a plain Jane.
我一点也不觉得奇怪,她是个不起眼的女孩。
B:And he's so handsome.
是呀,而他却那么英俊。
词海拾贝:
break up:分手
What will happen to the children if Peter and Alice break up ?
如果彼得和爱丽丝离婚孩子们将怎么办?
Why did you and Rohda break up?
你和罗达为什么决裂了?
说明:该节目中的迷你对话选自《脱口说英语》之口语习语大全,讲解部分为恒星编辑原创。
版权声明
本文来自投稿,不代表本站立场,转载请注明出处。