四个魔鬼&魔鬼口语1000句(三十四):岁月让我成熟
1. I was sitting on thorns.
我如坐针毡。
►sit on thorns 如坐针毡,焦急不安,坐卧不宁
2. The years have mellowed me.
岁月让我成熟。
3. You can’t welch on your promises.
你不能说话不算数啊。
►welch on 赖账;不履行(诺言、义务)
e.g. He left the town in order to welch on all his debts. 他为了赖账离开了这座城镇。
4. Evil deeds are done in the name of good.
多少恶行打着正义的旗号!
►evil deeds 邪恶的行为;邪行
5. We fear for your safety.
我们担心你的安全。
►fear for 为……担心,为……担忧
e.g. All mothers fear for their children when they first leave home. 所有的母亲都为初次出门的孩子们担忧。
for fear 由于害怕,以免
6. That’s his express purpose.
他明显为了这个。
7. You go. I’ll stick around.
你走吧。我再呆会儿。
►stick around 逗留;在附近徘徊;呆在原处(等待)
e.g. We\'d love you to stick around for dinner. 我们想留你吃晚饭。
8. I’m not being facetious.
我不是故意打岔。
9. Get your second wind!
重整旗鼓!
►second wind 喘气后恢复正常的呼吸;恢复元气
e.g. We can go on after your guys get a second wind. 你们休息一下,体力恢复后,咱们继续吧。
10. She glossed it over.
那事她一带而过。
►gloss over 掩盖,掩饰,粉饰
e.g. One should not gloss over one\'s shortcomings. 不要隐讳自己的缺点。
版权声明
本文来自投稿,不代表本站立场,转载请注明出处。