屈指可数&魔鬼口语1000句(85):屈指可数
1. I’m not a soldier of fortune.
我不是个枪手。
►soldier of fortune 军事冒险者;追求财富或享乐的冒险家
2. He’s unrelenting.
他坚定不移。
3. I refuse to be fitted into any ideological straitjacket.
我不会被任何观念所束缚。
4. I do a full workup every year.
我每年都做全身体检。
5. We all slip up.
人人都有失误的时候。
►slip up 滑跤;疏忽,犯错;遭到不幸
e.g. It must have slipped up badly. 一定是出了大错。
6. Nothing really tickled my fancy.
没什么吸引我的东西。
►tickle one\'s fancy 引起某人的兴趣
7. She had the presence of mind.
她沉着冷静,反应敏捷。
►presence of mind 沉着,镇定,不乱方寸;聚精会神,专心志致
e.g. The boy had the presence of mind to turn off the gas. 那男孩子镇定地关掉了煤气。
8. A man should have a sinewy body.
男人应该强壮。
9. I can throw him off the scent for a while.
我可以瞒他一阵子。
►throw/put sb. off the scent 糊弄人
10. You could count on the fingers of one hand.
屈指可数。
►count on the fingers of one hand 屈指可数,寥寥无几
从字面不难猜出这个词的意思,一只手就可以数过来,那可真的是太少。
版权声明
本文来自投稿,不代表本站立场,转载请注明出处。